Thursday, March 31, 2011

Poem For Joseph - Autism Awareness


-Dedicated to my son, Joseph!-

STOLEN…

of random thoughts.

loving glances.

curious questions.

silly answers.

spontaneous kisses.

hits & misses.

social kiddy clichĂ©’s.

GIVEN…

An angel.

Hope.

Humility.

Unconditional love.

The blessing to hear his voice again,

“I love you mommy!”

I couldn't have asked for more.

-Missy4j

For a couple years I was numb, like that missing puzzle piece came from a part of my heart that was stolen from me the minute “Autism” slipped from the Doctors cold lips. BUT the moment I finally heard my son speak again and say those words…it clicked.  His unique presence and love in my life alone is the missing piece.  The epiphany that keeps me motivated & humble, my son – my love brought him here & it is my love that will protect the gift I was given & marvel in the mark he will leave on the world!

April is Autism awareness month, spread the word, know the signs, & nurture our angels!

Mommy loves you Joseph!



No comments:

Post a Comment