Monday, February 28, 2011

February - Chocolate Covered Heartbreaks


 Yeah…I’ll try my best and remember what all went down but I can’t promise hilarity will ensue, not that I ever promised that but it would be nice right?  All I got for you now is a pure roller coaster of emotions.
           
The month started pretty low-key.  Then I had to witness a heartbreak :/.  Ugh, they were together for a while even engaged but she decided to go off and “find herself”.  Sounds familiar right…as cliché as it is I can understand her p.o.v. and decision.  Seeing how that is my objective this year, it is definitely more of a challenge when you are attached.  Just wish it would’ve happened sooner and not to someone who relentlessly wears his heart, raw and unconditionally on his sleeve.  My hope is that he recovers soon, without too much scaring, and enlightened enough to find a similar journey.
           
Valentine’s came and went.  Unfortunately my baby is not the best at holidays, still trying to figure if he’s truly that clueless or whether I just ain’t worth the effort.  For his sake hopefully is the former.  He tried this year though, can’t complain…A for effort!
           
The rest of the month went by pretty fast.  This last class was extremely hectic with back-to-back information overload but I got it done – thank God! So much for trying to be the overachiever, I knew that wasn’t going to happen after the first class though. Do my best though. It’s all just going by so fast though.
           
Then…my Great Aunt Liza passed.  I loved her a lot; she was a sincere, classic (yes classy too but I like classic), and I was honored to have a bday a day before hers.  Our personalities seem to harmonize :) Unfortunately I didn’t get to spend a whole lot of time with her. She turned 90 last year though; you could see the exhaustion in her eyes and feel the acceptance from her soul.  I am glad she’s at rest.  She will be missed.  

Aunt Liza & Malik
"The passing moment is all we can be sure of; it is only common sense to extract its utmost value from it."
- W. Somerset Maugham
         
To end on a good note however, I did get to go down south – MIAMI!! And visit my sister all in a matter of a day lol and in a cramped van with my dad, brother, mom, and her bf. Hi-larious! It was fun.  It was also refreshing to see her, my nephew, D and my deceivably beautiful old city.  The docs are still trying to figure out what’s going on with my nephew and these infections, good news though it is NOT rejection! *Knock on wood!*  I can’t wait until they can come home and he can go years without being poked and prodded.  I’m sure these humble times will be rewarded once they make it through but I wish I could just hand it to them right now, at least a break Omg.
           
But yeah…not too bad.

So here comes March & hopefully this goes a little fast but only through the hard times. Got to start off with a new chaotic class and the funeral, let’s not allow this to set the tone for the rest of the month.
           
Goals for next month:
·      Pass w/at least a B
·      Spend more time playing
·      Tighten up for beach body weather…
Can you guess which one might get pushed to the next month lol ;)

C-ya next month, hopefully sooner but I will leave you w/another “poem & painting” post. Hope you like it & come back for more.
XOXO

1 comment: