Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wrap it Up Sister!


"It is only the women whose eyes have been washed clear with tears who get the broad vision 
that makes them little sisters to all the world."
- Dorothy Dix


Since I’m catching you up on the past I guess I should let you know what’s going now right, 
    Derrr Missy!

Well I’ll just start month by month for now since I’m coming to the halfway pt in school & have to upkeep 2 other blogs for assignments, bear with me.  I may keep one up though b/c it’s actually kind of fun writing about my “other” work.

N
            E
Who…let’s see how much I can remember – believe me that’s an accomplishment in itself.

January: 

Started off with my youngest, Malik, in the hospital, he was running a fever on New Years.  Then he wouldn’t eat for a couple of days so we decided on the ER (holiday season-ughh).  It turned out better than we thought, him & the hospital visit. Usually it takes hrs just to be seen and hrs to get treated.  FYI: he has to go every time he gets a fever b/c he has the less severe form of Sickle Cell, so it’s a precaution thing. But yea he got antibiotics & nausea meds, hr later he was eating everything in sight; plus we went almost immediately back and treated. POINT for the new town! (Still trying to convince DUDE the move was worth it! – another story).


The boys & I went back to school.

I had a resume' interview w/the new school district (went AWESOME!!) and met some cool & inspiring people! & Got some tips to increase my “desirability” as a candidate lol.

Decided to take a test (that put a dent in the mth budget – ugh) to get certified in Art K-12- extremely nerve-wrecking! But that would be my IDEAL job <3 it!

Left me w/2weeks to prepare in the midst of a major Lit. Review, movie & blog assignments; I apparently like to back myself into a wall lol – at least its support :)

Got all that done & a cram session 2 days before the test! Got to the, 2 hrs away, location w/2 mins to spare (which was used to run back to the car for ID lol).

PASSED IT!!! Go me! Now we wait…

Dude aka my bf; JB had his birthday, and Tristan (nephew) but couldn’t afford to do anything – not even a card :( , was happy just to relax for the day so... 


JB & our oldest, JB jr.

Continue to stretch the budget since Xmas, unexpected bills, & the test put a strain on us…story of our life so we’ll manage, we're use to it.

More job searching, assignments, school routine w/boys and waiting…

Mom had surgery on her foot & down for 12 weeks at the most :( have to go visit soon

Jarvis’ bday on the 28th – sigh- RIP brother (my oldest of 5) ; not a day goes by!!
Jarvis, 1979-1998 <3

Got a call to possibly work on a project to illustrate a book, hopefully something comes from that…we’ll see.  Both newbies so it’s going to take some work.

Missing my sissy :( & her fam!!!! (fill you in on that soon too- it’s def a story 2 be told).

My Sissy, Mandy & I
That’s been my January, let’s hope February is a little more…something…anything positive, I guess, not complaining though – it can always be worse & always grateful for how far I’ve come…go me!

Right now: writing this blog, about to finish my last vid/blog assignment for my mth4 class & listening to Malik sing along to Pink Friday lol – don’t judge us lol, we’re just getting in party mode to clean & get things done! The playlist will slowly go from that to Glee soundtracks to Mike Posner, Ella Fitz, Katy Perry, Lyfe Jennings, Corinne Bailey Rae, Cher and a continuous odd mix of  “ooohkay…” lol. JB thinks I’m weird, I call it well rounded – Thank U!

Next couple of days…we’ll see, plan to be routine but if anything comes up you’ll be the first to know…see you in Feb, unless I get more time to blog!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment