Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Poem & Painting 1

Just wanted to share a poem & painting of mine...hope you like!

"Your Muse"

Play each note as a small melodic reminder 
Of every sweet touch received from every finger 
Reminisce on my every soft spoken word 
Provoking each harmony to somehow mirror 
Commend the intensity of my understated strength 
To Power your passion of your potent instrument 
Let the illusive notion of my inevitable absence 
Sear every word you sing into my subconscious 

Invoke my timid nature & intriguing mystery 
Beginning the complexities of each your analogies 
Rekindle the memories of our climatic connection 
Becoming the pinnacle of each quote you fashion 
Anticipate each dimple as you glorify my smile 
Conceive your lyrics to compliment our style 
Feed us all your vivid details with notable intensity 
Recite to captivate attention, as if it’s just you & me 

Capture me in that diminishing moment in time 
Reveal each subtle detail that is mine 
Showcase the mole sitting softly in my eye 
Or the Graceful line flowing down to my thigh 
Let your brush stroke to highlight every strand of hair 
Add your secret symbols only we can decipher 
Yearning to be a masterpiece, a simple fascination 
An everlasting impression – every patrons craving 

Replicate the colors that saturate my every being 
Find a way to show me what I fail to see.


-Missy4j  06/10 


Missy (2010)- "Ambassador Liya* (of Ethiopia)" Oil, 24x36
*Liya Kebede - Ethiopian model/actress and an Ambassodor.  She is truly an inspirational person, this painting was referenced from a Essence spread in 2007.  Rocking a beautiful natural crown she's in a movie coming out soon about a true story of a Somalian model and her coming of age story that also deals with the issue of her culture's genital mutilation/circumcision/cutting. Check it out here, called "Desert Flower".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment