Monday, January 17, 2011

The Woman of My Dreams

Ever since I was a little I had this perception of the ideal women. I even remember when that vision was validated when my best friend’s Dad came in one day and said giggling, “I saw you today.”  I just gave him my usual confused look. He went on to tell my mom, best friend, and me about this beautiful woman he seen that day that reminded him of me.  He quickly illustrated everything I envisioned, patted me on the head, smiled and left. “YES!” I thought; couldn’t wait to see her.

The woman of my dreams...I could only imagine.  She would be somewhere between 5’6” to 5’8”.  I actually like being short but I gave her a few inches, it is a dream after all.  She would look like the best exotic mix of Lisa Bonet and “Freddie”, you know…Cree Summer from A Different World and Dorothy Dandridge: natural, confident, free-spirited and idyllic femininity.

A beautiful caramel flawless skin tone smeared subtle gold undertones that caught the light seamlessly.  Big endlessly deep brown eyes that would only allow you a glimpse into her soul when the sun caught them just right, complimented by statement Brook Shields brows.  Striking yet soft features, full lips holding back a gleaming bright white smile that began and ended with trademark dimples.  Her body was all her own.  A petite yet perky c cup, the belly of a Hawaiian hula beauty – you know…not exactly washboard but slender with just the right amount of baby fat that did not spill over rather flowed right into full womanly hips. 

Her aura would radiate a contagious carefree, individualist but compassionate old soul.  When she walked her glorious full raven seasoned with auburn highlighted ringlets would dance individually on each wave of wind.  Layer by layer brushing her cheeks down to the small of her back.  Possessed the power to project her soft-spoken words that would scream sexual femininity unconsciously but intelligently in a laid-back and witty humbling manner.  All of this would be wrapped up in an eclectic typical artist bohemian style.  Creative with a classic and vintage pieces that only conformed to what you would expect only her to pull off.

SHE is the woman of my dreams, the one I lost sight of along the way.  She is the reason I CUT off a foot of relaxed dead hair after 13 years! I know I’ll see her again…this is the first step, give or take a few inches.   :)


BEFORE:





"It is not the eyes of others that I am wary of, but my own."
- Noel Coward



AFTER:

























"One is not born a woman - one becomes one."
- Simone de Beauvoir




No comments:

Post a Comment